Spice excited about Bunji Garlin remix



Dancehall artiste Spice said she is happy with her decision to do a soca remix for her song 'Indicator'. The song features soca star Bunji Garlin, and has been creating quite the buzz, according to the deejay.
The female deejay told THE WEEKEND STAR that she took a risk on the song by going soca, but said it was one she believed would work as there are similarities between dancehall and soca.
"Indicator was a major hit in the dancehall circle, and I was sure soca fans would have even more fun with the remix. As yuh hear it, yuh just want to gyrate, and that is what soca is all about," she said. "I have always been a fan of soca music and I know I have a lot of fans from all over the Caribbean who also love soca music."
Although the idea for a soca remix didn't come from her, Spice said she is happy with the outcome of the song as it has been getting a lot of positive feedback.
"It was actually the producer's idea (to do a soca remix). ZJ Sparks suggested it and I was happy to do," she said, explaining that Bunji was a natural fit for the song as he is as much a powerhouse artiste as she is.
"I've been a fan of Bunji because he has high energy on stage and I heard him spit some freestyle dancehall lyrics on stage one day and I was amazed. So, even though I love other soca artistes as well, I saw Bunji as the perfect fit for this soca remix," she said.
"Fans have been loving the collaboration so far, and I'm sure they will love it even more when they see the music video."
The music video, which was shot in Trinidad, is expected to be released in the coming weeks.
When asked if the Indicator remix was a one-time dabble in the soca genre, Spice said that fans can expect her to do more soca-infused songs based on the success of the Indicator remix.
"I will definitely be releasing more soca song because it's a genre that I love," she said.




No comments:

Post a Comment